I wrote a simple mongo test, trying to access mongo server in a vpc. for every run I get : "errorMessage": "*** Task timed out after 3.00 seconds" I have written more handlers in the lambda just to check it.
- There is no problem connecting to the vpc. other handler (same file) that connects to another server runs well.
- There is no problem with other modules. I have added another module (make-random-string) and it's running every time.
- I get no error messages. No exceptions from Mongo. it just times out every time.
- increasing both memory to 1024 and execution time to 15s didn't help, the results are the same.
- Mongo driver does not require any C++ builds unless you use kerberos, which I'm not.
- Test file mimicking the lambda, runs fine.
- The sample code is here: http://pastebin.com/R2e3jwwa where the db information is removed.